We got a great response to our new survey question on nonprofits that require or request a minimum revenue commitment from corporate partners. Some really interesting feedback, including the responses displayed above for the question: Why DON'T you require/request a minimum revenue commitment for specific fundraisers?
Have you taken the survey yet? If not...
✍️ Partnership Notes
I found so many great programs this week! Look at all the different ways companies can give back...and one place they can't. ⬆︎⬇︎
1. Let's start with the UK's Acorn Stairlifts, which aims to raise $20,000 for Marie Curie, a charity that provides support to people with terminal illnesses.
2. If you shop at ALDI supermarkets you know that a quarter unlocks the store's grocery carts. But through July 23rd, ALDI is hoping these quarters unlock a million dollar donation to Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation.
3. My favorite ice tea company Honest Tea has vending machines that let you add a donation. All proceeds go to Fair Trade USA.
4. This beer company is hiding a pop-up shop in a national forest somewhere in the US on July 20th, and it’s funneling people to social media to find clues as to its whereabouts. There's a good reason to find it: In partnership with the National Forest Foundation, 100 trees will be planted for every visitor to the shop. Oh...and you also win free beer for life.🍻
5. Why more companies aren't helping out with the humanitarian crisis at the border. It's complicated. [Hit a paywall? Hit reply to this email and I'll send it to you! A very interesting read.]
6. Great example of small, independent stores teaming up to raise over $80,000 for the cause du jour. The key was that the ask for support came from one of their own.
7. Smart and generous idea... Employees at Tito's Vodka are given a "joy budget" each year to support causes.
🤑 Marketing Your Cause
1. You know who's getting good at content marketing and audience-building? White supremacists.😳
2. This is very comprehensive and helpful. How to write a blog post in 2019. Step #1: Find a proven topic.
3. Movement is more powerful than images. Images are more powerful than text. Upgrade your text to visuals. [1:37 VIDEO]
Are you delivering a presentation on corporate giving? Couple this graph with the one I shared on June 26th...
😎 Cool Jobs in Cause
1. Manager, Corporate Relations, American Kennel Club (NYC)
2. Social Responsibility Coordinator, Orlando Magic (Orlando, FL)
3. Digital Marketing Manager, HelpGood (Los Angeles)
Have your cause-related job featured here for FREE. Hit reply to this email and give me the details and a link to the position.
🧠🍌 Brain Food
1. You loved this story on the grocery store that was trying to shame its customers into using reusable bags. Guess what? It backfired...but in kind of a good way! 😂
3. It's summer. 🏖Enjoy this video of a corgi dog pulling a corgi in a float that looks like a corgi. You're welcome.
Have a question, comment or just want to say hi? Just hit reply or head over to Twitter.