I'll keep things short this week as everyone is probably thinking about vacation time, fireworks and BBQs. 🏖🧨🌭
Something to think about tomorrow...
On July 4, 1845, Henry David Thoreau moved into the cabin he had built with his own hands on the shores of Walden Pond in Concord, Massachusetts. Thoreau wasn't seeking to live in isolation. His cabin was a half-mile from both the railroad and the main road into Concord. Rather, he was making a statement about who he was and what was important to him.
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived," said Thoreau.
January is a popular month for resolutions. But the Fourth of July - the mid-point of the year - brings another chance to reflect on your direction, actions and commitments.
174 years ago tomorrow, Thoreau struck his flag and made a declaration.
What will you declare tomorrow? It's never too late to chart a new course, begin a new creation or build a new world - even if it's only in your imagination.
"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be," said Thoreau. "Now put the foundations under them."
The key is to begin.
✍️ Partnership Notes
1. Tinder's 30-foot rainbow slide has a very serious message.
2. Old Navy is turning the logo on its online and social channels purple through July 4, along with the logo on its Times Square flagship. The retailer is also introducing a special edition flag t-shirt featuring a purple background. Check out who's getting a $25k donation...
3. An interesting WSJ article on the partnership of a wildlife conservation nonprofit, a luxury retailer and model and Jordan Barrett. [Did you hit a paywall? I can email you the article.]
🤑 Marketing Your Cause
1. Burger King teaches you how to do cause marketing wrong.
Did you know that as an industry nonprofits have the highest email open rates? How do YOUR emails perform? The average open rate for my newsletter is 45%. I can help!
Source: Campaign Monitor's Ultimate Email Marketing Benchmarks for 2019: By Industry & Day
😎 Cool Jobs in Cause
1. Vice President, Partnership Development, Feeding America (Chicago)
2. Manager, Public Relations & Strategic Partnerships, Lands' End (Dodgeville, WI)
Have your cause-related job featured here for FREE. Hit reply to this email and give me the details and a link to the position.
🧠🍌 Brain Food
1. Brands couldn't get enough of Pride Month 🌈. But how does a big company like P&G handle the hypocrisy of operating in anti-gay markets? It ain't easy.
2. You'll think twice before asking for a plastic bag in this store.
Have a question, comment or just want to say hi? Just leave a comment below or head over to Twitter.