Have you ever wondered how much nonprofit corporate partnership professionals are paid??? Me too!
I asked this question to the gang of Catalist last week and now we both want to get to the bottom of how much nonprofit corporate partnership, sponsorship and cause marketing professionals make! We're looking for salary information for a range of positions - from coordinator to manager to director to vice president. So whatever your job is in corporate partnerships, we want to hear from you! 🙏
Take our completely anonymous survey right here. It's just five questions!
1. What is your current salary?
2. What is your title?
3. In what city and state/province is your nonprofit located?
4. How long have you been in your position?
5. Are you fairly compensated relative to your local market?
Once Catalist and I have collected and analyzed all of this data - and you know Catalist is good with data! - we'll share it FIRST with the people who helped us. It could mean a bigger paycheck for you in the coming year! 💰💰💰
✍️ Partnership Notes
1. Food delivery service DoorDash has launched a new program called Kitchens Without Borders that supports immigrant-founded restaurants. Among other things, DD will offer these business owners credits to fund a free delivery promotion for six weeks, as well as prime in-app placement.
2. Nice example of local cause marketing. Tire and repair chain Best One of Indy is donating a percentage of sales and selling $1 "paw-print" icons at its 10 stores in April to support The Humane Society of Indianapolis. Every business can make a difference, folks!
3. Are you finding it difficult to find and close corporate partnerships in your area? The challenge may be the state of retail in your city or state. BTW, nice round-up of "further reading" at the bottom.
4. Are you based in Charlotte, NC, or interested in the business scene there? Interesting article on competition among grocery stores and which stores are dominating. Food Lion has a 17.3% market share. Check out our interview with them on CauseTalk Radio.
6. This is a surprise - and shows how far cause has come. This company's CSR team is "core to pitches for new business."
🤑 Marketing Your Cause
1. Are you the only marketer in your nonprofit? Here's how to survive and what to focus on.
2. What is and isn't working with Facebook marketing right now, including the state of organic reach.
3. How best-in-class brands are making it clear that their social responsibility is more than marketing gimmickry.
4. Be careful using only sad faces in your cause marketing. Research says it's risky and could backfire.😄
😎 Cool Jobs in Cause Marketing**
1. Account Manager, Corporate Partnerships (short-term contract), National Park Foundation, (Washington, D.C.)
2. Associate Vice President, Corporate Partnership, CARE USA (NYC)
3. Account Manager, Partnerships, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN)
**Have your cause-related job featured here for FREE. Hit reply to this email and give me the details and a link.
🧠🍌 Brain Food
1. This company gave its employees a choice for when referrals turned into new hires: $7,000 to them OR $500 to their favorite nonprofit. Guess which one they chose?
2. Some school districts are banning DonorsChoose.
3. Okay, this is more about the stomach than the brain, but I want his donut for Easter....but not the coffee.😖
Have a question, comment or just want to say hi? Just leave a comment below or head over to Twitter. 🙏