This week I'm releasing some of the results from the salary survey Catalist and Selfish Giving conducted in April.
Below is the graph for 2019 partnership salaries for five positions. In the coming weeks, you'll see additional graphs on partnership salaries by geographic region, average duration of employment and fairness of compensation.
Stay tuned for more research! And be sure to take my latest survey on what you want to see more/less of from Selfish Giving in the coming year.
Speaking of what you want to see more/less of from SG, I'm already learning from what you are telling me!
First, I've limited the number of items under each heading to three or four news items so the newsletter is a quicker read. I know you are busy!
Second, I've created a separate heading for "Cause Research" as many of you said you want more of an emphasis on original cause research.
Let me know what you think!
✍️ Partnership Notes
1. Valvoline Instant Oil Change raised $480,000 with point-of-sale in 2019. Check out the charities that benefited on page 14 of VIOC's annual CSR report.
2. One-off cause marketing campaigns aren't working for young people. “Just because a brand aligns itself with an issue or cause in a TV spot doesn’t mean it is making purpose inextricable from its brand.”
3. Ace Hardware is partnering with the VFW to give away one million American flags 🇺🇸nationwide on May 25th. For every flag given away, a second flag is donated to a local VFW Post to be used for marking and honoring veteran graves this Memorial Day.
4. How will this impact your fundraising? This retailer is closing 45 stores because of deflated sales.🎈
🤑 Marketing Your Cause
2. Generation X - men and women between the ages of 38 and 53 - is a key audience for nonprofits. This infographic shows the difference between how younger and older Gen Xers use social media.
3. If you are committed to using Facebook, you need to buy ads as you can rely on organic reach anymore. Here's a clear, step-by-step guide to advertising on Facebook. Pair this article with this Philanthropy article on 6 Dos and Don’ts When Advertising on Facebook and Instagram. [Hit a paywall? I can email it to you]
🔬 Cause Research**
**This survey was conducted by Selfish Giving/Catalist between April 3 - May 6, 2019 and includes the data collected from 241 nonprofit corporate partnership professionals.
😎 Cool Jobs in Cause
1. Associate Director, Corporate Partnerships, Global FoodBanking Network (Chicago)
2. Senior Director, Partnerships, Comcast (Philadelphia)
3. Director of Communications, BIO Ventures for Global Health (Seattle)
Have your cause-related job featured here for FREE. Hit reply to this email and give me the details and a link.
🧠🍌 Brain Food
1. In January, I shared the story of the veteran who raised $20 million - and built a 3.5 million person email list - to help build Trump's border wall. Four months later, people are wondering when the money will be used.
2. TOMS made buy-one, give-one famous. Now it’s updating the model.
3. What was Leonardo Da Vinci doing at your age? When he was my age he began his masterpiece The Mona Lisa. 😳I'm right on schedule as I plan to start MY MASTERPIECE later this year.
Have a question, comment or just want to say hi? Just leave a comment below or head over to Twitter.