Just about every week I get a legal question about cause marketing. I'm not a lawyer - nor do I play one on TV - so I don't answer these questions. Instead, I call Karen Wu at Perlman & Perlman! Karen is a lawyer who specializes in cause marketing and corporate partnership law. She's also an outstanding person who goes out of her way to be helpful to the corporate partnership community.
Karen and I want to answer your legal questions!
We realize not all of you will be at the Engage for Good Conference next week in Chicago to hear Karen and me deliver our truly epic (doesn't Karen look amazing with a beard???) Ten Commandments of Cause Marketing Law.
But no worries! We have you covered.
Whether you are a business or a nonprofit, just complete this anonymous, short, 5-question survey. Within the next couple weeks, Karen and I will respond to all your law-related questions!
✍️ Partnership Notes
1. File this under cool cause marketing.😎 Snapchat is teaming up with Wendy's in May to encourage hungry Snappers to make donations to the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption via a lens that uses AI technology.
2. I don't think anyone would disagree that eye contact with the consumer is important for point-of-sale success. But this research says they needn't be human eyes. 👀
3. Gird your loins. Charity: water is planning a big expansion of business partnerships.
🤑 Marketing Your Cause
1. Tyrion Lannister and Cecile Richard's agree: change can't happen without powerful storytelling.
2. Nonprofits should be leading the charge on thought leadership. Brian Honigman offers some great advice on communicating thought leadership with content.
3. I love when nonprofits try new things! Newsletter subscriber Greg Paulson and Trenton Health Team took to Instagram for a #WhyILikeTrenton photo contest. They offered prizes and got a great response. Congrats on a good first effort!
Previous Research: 2019 Corporate Partnership Salaries (5/15)
**This survey was conducted by Selfish Giving/Accelerist between April 3 - May 6, 2019 and includes the data collected from 241 nonprofit corporate partnership professionals who were asked: "How long have you been in your current position?"
😎 Cool Jobs in Cause
1. Senior Assistant, Corporate Partnerships, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston)
2. Digital Communications Officer, Queen Elizabeth II 👑(London)
3. Executive Director, Paypal Giving Fund (Toronto)
Have your cause-related job featured here for FREE. Hit reply to this email and give me the details and a link.
🧠🍌 Brain Food
1. The classroom donation industry is booming. Donsorchoose.org has several competitors, including a new for-profit competitor.
2. A choice of words is a choice of worlds. Why The Guardian is changing the language it uses about the environment.
Have a question, comment or just want to say hi? Leave a comment below or head over to Twitter.