I'm in Chicago at the Engage for Good Conference! Be sure to follow the conference hashtag (#EFG2019) on Twitter.
While I'm here, I'm moderating two panels at the conference, and you can learn from them whether you're in Chicago or not!
1. Today at 4:15PM CT, Karen Wu and I are presenting the 10 Commandments of Cause Marketing Law. If you are not at the conference you can still get your legal questions answered and a copy of the 10 Commandments by filling out our legal partnership survey.
2. Tomorrow at 1:30PM CT, I'll be with the National Park Foundation in a session that will explore how nonprofits can better position themselves to attract corporations from a variety of industries. The panel includes four corporate supahstahs: Coca-Cola, Union Pacific, L.L. Bean and Subaru. I'll be reporting back to you on all the nuggets of wisdom in an upcoming newsletter. Stay tuned!
If you are at the conference and want to meet up to say hi, just hit reply to this email. Or join me at one of the above sessions and we can talk afterward!
✍️ Partnership Notes
1. Fritos partners with Carry the Load to salute our nation's heroes with thanks, $100k.
2. Interesting interview with the President of Jersey Mike's Subs on how they balance good business and doing good. They raised $7.5 million for charities in March!
4. Skills every business development pro should have. I like #2, #6, #7. Money quote: "Cold calling no longer works. Today, the best business development people are marketing-savvy brand ambassadors."
🤑 Marketing Your Cause
1. Whether you are writing blog posts, sending out emails or tweeting, you need to include images! Ease your fears about copyright by using the new Creative Commons search engine. It has more than 300 million free images!
2. New research shows the average rates influencers charge for sponsored posts. Are you paying influencers to share your content? I'd love to hear how it's going!
3. What cause marketers can learn from One Campaign’s mission. An excellent example of how a nonprofit can harness the power of digital marketing to make a difference.
😎 Cool Jobs in Cause
1. Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships, Plan USA (Washington, DC)
2. Corporate Partnerships Manager, Bright Pink (Chicago)
3. New Business Development Manager, Island Harvest Food Bank (Hauppauge, NY)
Have your cause-related job featured here for FREE. Hit reply to this email and give me the details and a link to the position.
🧠🍌 Brain Food
1. Soon, a device you wear on your wrist will tell you when the moment is right to ask a prospect for a donation.🤯
Have a question, comment or just want to say hi? Just hit reply or head over to Twitter.