Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and I talk to Ed Riegert, retail marketing manager for Brooks, and Kristin Finton footwear merchandising manager for REI, about the National Parks Collection, an exclusive line of shoes and tees being sold at REI that celebrate five iconic national parks and benefit the National Park Foundation.
On the show, Megan, Ed, Kristin and I discuss:
- How the National Park Collection got started by Brooks.
- Other cause programs REI and Brooks have worked on.
- How the program works. How many shoes are involved? How many parks? How much money is being raised?
- Why Brooks decided to create a custom line of shoes for the National Park Foundation.
- Is branded footwear the future of footwear marketing.
- Why REI got involved as the exclusive sales partner in the program.
- The response so far from consumers and employees.
- How the collection highlights Brooks' commitment to trail shoes.
- The business benefits of the campaign.
- Is there a special place for the collection in REI stores?