Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and I talk to Alison McArthur, Community Achieves Coordinator for Metro Nashville Public Schools about the The Whirlpool Care Counts laundry program.
Whirlpool is fighting against education inequality by installing washers and dryers in schools to remove this barrier to attendance, and give students the confidence they need and deserve to get through class each day.
On the show, Megan and I discuss:
- How the Whirlpool Care Counts laundry program got started in Nashville schools.
- The little-known problem of children missing school because they don't have clean clothes.
- How the program works in three Nashville schools.
- How the schools create a welcoming atmosphere for families so that they use the laundry center.
- The emphasis on collecting data so that Whirlpool and the schools know the program is working.
- How the program might expand in Nashville and across the country.
- How the program supports Whirlpool's business objectives.