Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and I talk to Bjorn Erland, Vice President of People & Experience at Taco Bell and Jennifer Walker, Director of Strategic Development at Taco Bell Foundation, about the award of $3 million in scholarships through its Live Más Scholarship program. This includes $500k in scholarships for Taco Bell employees!
On the show, Megan, Bjorn, Jennifer and I discuss:
- Taco Bell has has been a longtime supporter of education. How has education been a good brand fit for the company?
- What kind of research did you do to create your education programs?
- Walk us through the Live Más Scholarship program, how it got started and what it entails.
- For your scholarships, you were looking for innovators, creators and dreamers. How does this non-traditional focus reflect Taco Bell’s brand values? What message does that send to your community?
- The Live Más Scholarship also designates funds for Taco Bell employees. Why did you decide to include Taco Bell employees in the program?
- Did you do anything to identify worthy scholarship recipients internally?
- Education is something that Taco Bell prioritizes for employees. Talk about about your employee education benefit.
- How much overlap is there between your consumer-focused education efforts and your employee-focused efforts?
- How does this focus on education help differentiate Taco Bell in the quick-serve space?