Today on CauseTalk Radio Megan and I talk to Jennifer Herskind, Chief Marketing Officer for Smoothie King, about a new partnership with Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF), a non-profit organization dedicated to helping people with physical challenges lead active, healthy lifestyles.
The 900-store chain will be donating $150,000 through a 25 cent donation to CAF with the sale of every newly-branded Hydrate and Help bottle of spring water. The new bottles just became available at stores the day after Christmas!
On the show, Megan and I discuss:
- Tell us a bit about Smoothie King - how many stores and in what parts of the country?
- You’ve recently announced a partnership with Challenged Athletes Foundation - can you tell us how this partnership got started and a little bit about CAF?
- Was this the first cause promotion Smoothie King has been involved with?
- Did all franchise locations participate? Was it mandatory?
- For the month of December, you sold “Hydrate and Help” bottled water with 25 cents from each bottle going to CAF - how did this promotion go?
- How did you communicate the needs of CAF to your customers and employees?
- How else did DCAF and your franchisees bring this partnership to life?
- How did this campaign help build the Smoothie King business?
- What did you learn from this partnership?
- What challenges did you encounter?
- What’s next for Smoothie King from a cause perspective in 2018?