Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and I talk to Andrei Cherny, CEO and Co-Founder of Aspiration, a financial firm that helps investors make money and make a difference. The firm has also launched an app - Aspiration Impact Measurement (AIM) - that lets investors see the impact they're making on people and the planet based on where they are shopping and spending every day.
On the show, Megan, Andrei and I discuss:
- What is Aspiration and why did you start it?
- You differentiate between socially responsible investing and impact investing, what’s the difference?
- You’ve come up with a personal sustainability score for banking customers. Can you explain that?
- Which factors go into the ratings for companies?
- Isn’t it tricky to summarily classify one business over another, particularly smaller local businesses? Does charitable giving factor into the equation at all?
- Have you received any feedback from these companies directly? Consumers?
- How do you anticipate this tool influencing customer behavior?
- Do you ever anticipate making this tool available to people who aren’t yet Aspiration customers?