Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and I talk to Tara Darrow, Director of Public Affairs & Corporate Social Responsibility for Nordstrom, about Treasure&Bond, Nordstrom’s private label, give-back brand.
Since the brand's inception in 2014, Nordstrom has raised $440,000 for charities like Girls Inc., Girls on the Run and Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
Megan, Tara and I discuss:
- The background of the year-old Treasure&Bond give-back brand, which was inspired by a standalone namesake store in New York City.
- How Nordstrom got engaged in cause marketing and expanded beyond traditional corporate giving.
- How Nordstrom promotes the give back side of the program with consumers.
- Is the 2.5 percent donation for each item purchased enough? Should it be more?
- What Nordstrom has learned about cause marketing from the launch of Treasure&Bond.
- How Nordstrom chooses its nonprofit partners. What's the criteria?
- Nordstrom's plan to expand its cause marketing program, especially for employees.