Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and I talk to Karen Wu, a leading authority on cause marketing law at Perlman & Perlman, about the 10 Commandments of Cause Marketing Law, a new infographic from Selfish Giving and Perlman & Perlman.
This graphic will help cause marketers stay on the right side of the law!
Megan, Karen and I discuss these ten commandments:
- Thou shalt comply with the law.
- Thou shalt not mislead.
- Thou shalt clearly state donation amount.
- Thou shalt meet Better Business Bureau Standard #19.
- Thou shalt register/file, if required.
- Thou shalt enter into a written agreement.
- Thou shalt avoid unintended endorsements.
- Thou shalt be aware of UBIT.
- Thou shalt not wait until the last minute.
- Thou shalt seek advice from good advisors.
10 Commandments of Cause Marketing Law [INFOGRAPHIC]
Transparency & Cause Marketing: 5 Best Practices [NY Attorney General Guidelines]