I'm pulling out the big guns this week and using my handsome pup, Charlie, to encourage you to take my NEW SURVEY!
This past weekend as I was crunching the numbers for the salary survey you took earlier this month (you'll be seeing the results soon!), I thought of another survey I should have done earlier this year.
This one is all about what you want to see more of (or less!) from Selfish Giving for 2019 and beyond. I did my first survey last year and the feedback was super-helpful. This new survey will make things even better! But I need your help.
Can you spare just seven minutes? That's how long Survey Monkey says it will take you to finish this detailed but easy survey.
Thank you so much!
✍️ Partnership Notes
1. Jenny Pereira, the cause marketing officer at Hasbro's Children Hospital in Rhode Island wrote me last week that I should be watching for a new ice cream flavor for Memorial Day that will be giving back to the hospital. Ice cream maker Warwick Ice Cream will be donating one dollar from every “Every Child, Every Day” pint with a minimum donation of $25k.
2. Discount retailer Big Lots has raised $2.6 million dollars in more than 1,400 stores for Nationwide Children's Hospital. During the campaign, customers had an opportunity to donate $1, $2, $5 or more at checkout. That brings the total raised with POS since 2016 to $20 million. Listen to our CauseTalk Radio interview with Big Lots in 2015 on how they plan to reach $50 million!
3. Walgreens, Kroger will soon be able to tell if you are in a "giving mood".
4. An interesting article on how online real estate hub Zillow partnered with media company Attn: to produce an original docu-series that covers housing issues and social causes such as LGBT discrimination and poverty. Great example of brand activism that will resonate with Zillow's millennial target audience.
🤑 Marketing Your Cause
1. Why nonprofits need influencers to grow and how to do it right. FYI, Influencers are the fourth ingredient of successful cause marketing along with research, content marketing and sales.
3. Much needed! How to create better charts to show fundraising results.
4. My buddy John Haydon has some great tips on how nonprofits can use Facebook Live.
😎 Cool Jobs in Cause**
1. Director of Individual & Corporate Giving, The New York Foundling (NYC)
2. Partnership Development Manager, Bicycle Transit Systems (Los Angeles)
3. Director, Partner Insights & Growth, New Teacher Center (Santa Cruz, CA)
4. Corporate Alliance Manager, Make-A-Wish (Phoenix)
5. Senior Vice President of Development, National Breast Cancer Foundation (Dallas, TX)
6. Director of Development, National Breast Cancer Foundation (Dallas, TX)
**Have your cause-related job featured here for FREE. Hit reply to this email and give me the details and a link.
🧠🍌 Brain Food
1. Why consumers are abandoning legacy brands, including old-school nonprofits. Nostalgia isn't enough to keep stakeholders engaged.
2. Some great lessons here from razor brands like Harry's on how to target Gen Z (ages 10-24). I have two at home and #3 is spot on.
3. We're all in the publishing business now, and the job of the future is editor-in-chief. "Much better to create something that people do want to read directly, and give them that."
Have a question, comment or just want to say hi? Just hit reply or head over to Twitter.