Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and I talk to Matt Hodges, Vice President of Public & Investor Relations at GameStop. If you or your kids play video games you've probably visited a GameStop. And with over 6,600 worldwide locations it's easy to find a store.
Gamers are passionate about their games, but they don't play around when it comes to good causes. Megan, Matt and I talk about a recent GameStop register fundraiser for Make-A-Wish that raised $1.2 million - quadrupling the $310K that was raised the previous year.
On the show we discuss:
- Why GameStop got involved with Make-A-Wish. The kid focus was key!
- How GameStop leveraged its social media assets to drive in-store donations.
- The number one reason the fundraiser raised 4X as much in 2015.
- How GameStop fulfilled the wish of one make a wish client!
- The strategy GameStop used to get every consumer to give.
- The incentives GameStop offered donors and their redemption rates.
- How GameStop educates and engages front-line employees and district managers in charitable programs. This includes appointing a regional ambassador for each region to steward the corporate responsibility programs.
- How GameStop keeps the giving spirit going all-year long!