Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and I talk to Chris Jarvis, Partner, Realized Worth and Executive Director, RW Institute, about a recent episode of the Freakonomics podcast entitled Does Doing Good Give You License to be Bad. The show makes some pretty serious claims about CSR programs that we examine and debunk!
On the show, Megan, Chris and I discuss:
- Is CSR the right term to describe what they are talking about? Isn't it outdated?
- Is the podcast right that customers really don't care that much about CSR?
- Is CSR really for employees and not for consumers?
- What do you think of their experiment of creating a shell company to test CSR practices? Is it valid?
- What about their belief that employees use "karma points" to license bad behavior?
- How could they have improved their research to produce a more accurate portrayal of the benefits of CSR?