Is your program or partnership in need of a refresh, or a new, innovative idea to take your impact to the next level?
Whether you are a company or a nonprofit, we can all use an infusion of new strategic ideas to drive greater awareness and engagement for social impact efforts. With the launch of Cause Booster [download the one-pager for details], Selfish Giving's and Rocket Social Impact’s new offering to create fresh action or revenue-driving concepts for clients on a tight budget or timeline, we’re sharing five ways to give your program a boost!
✍️ Partnership Notes
1. Forget hanging charity pinups. This Florida bar just staples money to the walls ($14,000!). Not to be outdone, patrons at an Oregon bar wrap dollars in quarters and toss them up to a magnetic ceiling. The bar's owners match whatever is donated. And, last year, Subaru, matched both donations and $24,000 was raised!
2. How Busch Light's donation to Iowa's children's hospital took a crazy wrong turn.😳
3. Since 2010, 315 Panera Bread Cafes in eight states have raised more than $6.2 million to support breast cancer programs. The key to their success? "We don’t go pink just to go pink..." Several great lessons here on how to activate in-store programs.
4. Whaaa??!! A new episode of CauseTalk Radio?! 🤭This one goes Snap! Crackle! Pop!
🤑 Marketing Your Cause
1. With email and direct mail response rates dropping, more organizations are experimenting with text to communicate with donors. [Can't read this article? I can email it to you]
2. This New York orchestra is hosting influencer-only performances to grow a younger audience of music fans.
😎 Cool Jobs in Cause
1. Director, Business Development, Breast Cancer Research Foundation (NYC)
2. Manager, Partnership Development, Real School Gardens (Washington, DC)
3. Strategic Partnership Officer, Wisconsin Historical Society (Madison, WI)
4. Associate Director, Brand Partnerships, Sierra Club (Oakland, CA)
Have your cause-related job featured here for FREE. Hit reply to this email and give me the details and a link to the position.
🧠🍌 Brain Food
1. Planned Parenthood may be struggling in Washington, D. C., but they're a star in Hollywood thanks to PP's director of arts and entertainment engagement. Will culture trump politics?
2. What's your cause marketing strategy for pop-up retail stores?
3. Hmmm....can a 501c3 advocate for impeachment of a federal office holder?
Have a question, comment, or just want to say hi? Just leave a comment below or head over to Twitter.