Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and I talk to David Hessekiel, the founder and president of Cause Marketing Forum Inc., which recently changed its name to Engage for Good! This wide-ranging conversation includes the rebranding of the organization, the evolution of cause marketing and what we can look forward to in 2017.
On the Show, Megan, David and I discuss:
- Joe muses on a new illustrious title for David: "The Commodore of Cause Marketing."
- David's backstory: why did he start the Cause Marketing Forum?
- Why CMF is rebranding to Engage for Good.
- How cause marketing has evolved since the forum launched in 2003.
- How companies are becoming more cause-oriented instead of nonprofit-focused.
- Why companies will always need nonprofits.
- The history of the Halo Awards and how organizations can apply for a 2017 award.
- The future of cause. What will be the expectation of businesses when it comes to cause? How will the election impact cause marketing?
- When is the Engage for Good conference?