Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and I talk to Sarah Durham, CEO of Big Duck, a communications firm that is a leader in Brandraising - a proven approach to fundraising that puts the focus on marketing, branding, and communications.
On the show, Megan, Sarah and I discuss:
- Speaking of brands: Where did Big Duck come from?
- Why branding is important for nonprofits.
- Sarah's definition of "Branding".
- What do you need in place before you go through a rebrand?
- How Big Duck tracks the ROI of a rebrand with its clients.
- How communications isn't decorative for a nonprofit - it's a workhorse!
- How to get the key people on board within your organization for a rebrand. And the main difference between a nonprofit and a for-profit rebrand.
- Where does social media fit into a nonprofit's communications strategy?
- What stands in the way of a successful nonprofit rebrand?
- In 2017, will we see more nonprofit content brands (i.e. nonprofits that prioritize communications)?
Check out the podcast This Old Marketing (last ten minutes of the show) for the story on UK National Trust Magazine.