Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and I talk to Christine Riley Miller, Senior Director of Corporate Social Responsibility & Corporate Foundation for Dunkin' Brands, about the company's new, re-branded foundation, the Joy in Childhood Foundation. The goal of the foundation is right in the name: to provide the simple joys of childhood to sick and hungry kids.
On the show, Megan, Christine and I discuss:
- Why Dunkin' decided to rebrand its foundation.
- Dunkin's partnership with Feeding America and their effectiveness working with brands like Dunkin'.
- Is the rebranding more than a name change? Yes! Focus moving forward are food banks and children's hospitals.
- How Dunkin' Brands works with its franchisees to balance local initiatives with national programs.
- How Dunkin' works with children's hospitals - and other organizations that bring "joy" to children.
- How Dunkin' raises money for its philanthropic initiatives. There is a point-of-sale fundraiser happening right now at Dunkin' stores!
- Joe and Christine discuss Joe's favorite Dunkin' fundraiser: Cops on the Rooftop. They've raised $2.3 million since the event's inception!
- How Dunkin' communicates its social impact to consumers, franchisees and employees.
- Will more companies follow Dunkin's lead and create foundations to raise and distribute money?