Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and I talk to Mike Richardson, Vice President of Marketing, Casey’s General Stores, a 2000-store convenience store chain in 15 states, about their recent charity pinup fundraiser for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. The $1.35 million raised will be used to help send kids with muscular dystrophy to MDA Summer Camp.
On the show, Megan, Mike and I discuss:
- Can you tell us how long the partnership with MDA got started and what the funds help MDA accomplish?
- What's your approach to point of sale efforts? Is this your only checkout fundraiser?
- Do you have an automated ask at the credit card PIN pad, or do you rely solely on cashiers to make a direct ask?
- Do you use any incentives or bounce-back coupons?
- This isn’t the only activity you do to support MDA. How else does your partnership come to life?
- What's the business benefit of working with MDA?
- What do customers think of your charitable efforts?
- How do you communicate the results of the campaign with customers and employees?
- How does this particular effort fit into Casey’s larger CSR or social impact strategy?
- What’s coming up in 2018 for social good activities at Casey’s?