Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and I talk to Julie Cottineau, founder and CEO of BrandTwist, a brand consultancy, and creator of Brand School Online, a learning program that teaches small business owners, entrepreneurs and non-profits how to create powerful brands that break-through crowded markets.
Julie is also the author of a new bestseller: TWIST: How Fresh Perspectives Build Breakthrough Brands.
On the show, Megan, Julie and I discuss:
- Julie's career path to branding expert, including her unacknowledged invention of the Pet Rock and a stint with Sir Richard Branson.
- How Julie defines Brand and a Brand Twist.
- When is it appropriate for organizations to Twist? And why it's okay to turn off some people!
- How you find your twist in the marketplace by looking both within your own brand story and outside your industry.
- The importance of failing harder and developing focus when it comes to brand development.
- The incredible opportunity nonprofits and businesses have to promote themselves and build their brands.