Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and I talk to Frank Vamos, Director, Brand Communications at Wendy's, about their October coupon book campaign to raise funds for the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption (DTFA).
Wendy's goal is to add to the $3.6 million the fast-serve chain raised for the DTFA in 2014. Proceeds from the fundraiser will be used to help find families for children waiting in foster care.
Megan, Frank and I discuss:
- The history of the "Frosty" fundraiser. It began at just one location before it went national.
- The creative ways people have used the coupon books ranging from Halloween treats to school fundraisers.
- Redemption rates on the coupon books and the power of giving away a free shake!
- Details on the three other fundraisers Wendy's hosts during the year, including "Cause Cups," which includes a digital fundraiser.
- Wendy's singular focus of helping hard-to-place children through the DTFA.
- Should other companies follow Wendy's lead and create their own foundations? Is it better? Is it easier?
- Future plans for Wendy's fundraisers. More digital cause marketing?
- What's driving the rise of cause marketing at Wendy's and in the quick-serve industry in general?