Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and I talk to Michal Alter, Co-Founder and CEO, Visit.org, about how this B-Corp is curating different local travel experiences — ranging from free to several thousand dollars per person — all in the name of social good! The traveler gets an authentic travel experience and 100% of host revenue is invested back into the local community.
On the show, Megan, Michal and I discuss:
- Michal explains the Visit.org model and what prompted her to start the business.
- How Visit.org selects their nonprofit partners.
- Michal's favorite local travel experience.
- Which tours are most popular on the site.
- Why Visit.org is a B-corp and not a nonprofit.
- The long term vision of the company.
- The challenging of explaining Visit.org to new website visitors.
- The challenges of building a business that is both good for the world and profitable.