Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and I talk to Patrick Adams, Managing Director, Secret Weapon Marketing, the creative minds behind the Helpful Bowl, a bigger, better Super Bowl that has SoCal Honda donating money to Boys & Girls Clubs in Southern California for every Big Game ad that has an advertising cliche.
On the show, Megan, Patrick and I discuss:
- How the Helpful Bowl got started by Southern California Honda dealers. Ultimately, people wanted to be helped!
- How the Helpful Bowl works. They're not advertising during the Super Bowl, but they will be donating money based on the commercials.
- Why Megan and Joe will be looking for puppies and aliens in Super Bowl ads.
- Megan asks: "Is the Helpful Bowl an example of 'causejacking?'" Yes!
- Other ways SoCal Honda are being "helpful" and serving the community.
- What are the business objectives of the campaign?
- Patrick's thoughts on how cause marketing has evolved over the past decade.
- The power of a brand having a year-long cause platform as opposed to a transactional cause promotion.