Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and I talk to Peter Strebel, Chief Marketing Officer at Omni Hotels & Resorts, about Say Goodnight to Hunger (#SayGoodnightToHunger). This action-triggered donation program feeds a family of four dinner for an entire week whenever guests book a stay directly at OmniHotels.com.
Since the programs launched in June, Omni Hotels has donated 3 million meals. Donations support Feeding America and local food banks in the 42 communities where Omni's 60 hotels are located.
On the show, Megan, Peter and I discuss:
- Joe's love of Boston Cream Pie and its connection to the Omni Parker House in Boston.
- How Omni Hotels got involved with Feeding America and the kick-off of Say Goodnight to Hunger in June.
- How Omni Hotel employees have supported the program in their communities. Feeding America's local footprint made it a perfect nonprofit match for Omni!
- How the program is geared toward Millennial customers and employees. 45% of Omni employees and 25% of Omni customers are Millennials.
- How being the father of a Millennial (who works at TOMS!) inspired Peter to take the next step in Omni's social responsibility efforts.
- How support for this program began at the very top of the Omni organization.
- What has surprised Peter the most since the launch of the program.
- What Feeding America brings to the table as a partner of Omni Hotels.
- How Omni Hotels is communicating with employees about the program to show the impact of their efforts.