Tomorrow's my birthday!
Truthfully, I don't like getting gifts on my birthday. What can you give the guy who has everything, including loyal email subscribers? In true Selfish Giving style, I'd rather GIVE presents to others on my birthday - and maybe get a few karma points in return!🤞
Are you ready? Here's what you get to choose from. HIT REPLY to this email and pick a FIRST and SECOND choice.
1. A Selfish Giving OR CauseTalk Radio t-shirt. I'll need your size (I have women's sizes!) and your address. These shirts go fast, people! I have a limited supply. People have been trying for years to get one! You have to be quick on the reply! Expect to receive your shirt in October. The shirt is black with the red, white & gray Selfish Giving or CauseTalk Radio logo. Wicked stylish. --->>>
2. A FREE electronic version of my last book Fundraising with Businesses. A top reference guide with all my best fundraising ideas for working with businesses!
3. Get 20 minutes of my time for free. Happy to chat, give advice or help with anything you might need. If you choose this gift, I'll be back in touch about dates and times.
Happy birthday to me!
1. Walmart and Sam's Club customers donated $1.1 million at the register to help areas impacted by Hurricane Florence.
2. How Anheuser-Busch, Tide and Waffle House helped hurricane victims...and the two risks for companies jumping on the disaster relief bandwagon.
Rocket Social Impact's September Trends Report
10 emerging industries nonprofits should target for corporate partnerships
Marketing your cause
1. How is your cause using smart speakers? I would love to know! About 1 in 3 US adults (32%) reports owning a Smart Speaker as of August 2018, marking a 4% point increase from January of this year. Estimates are that half of adults could own a Smart Speaker by the time the holiday season is over.
2. Tick, tick, tick...⏱Ok, stuck on how your cause could use smart speakers? Here are six ideas.
3. Is your problem finding content ideas in general and not just for smart speakers? Here are 105 ideas for your editorial calendar. Also, bookmark this editorial foresight calendar so you can create content in line with major happenings and holidays.
4. Asking for a small donation? Use social media. Asking for a donation over $1,000 (or for a sponsorship)? Use email.
Cool jobs in cause**
1. Senior Director, Philanthropy & Corporate Fundraising, Reading is Fundamental (Washington, DC)
2. Manager, Corporate Partnerships, Feeding America (Chicago)
**Have your cause-related job featured here for FREE. Hit reply or email me at email@example.com.
1. Your GoFundMe donation isn’t as secure as you think.
2. Have big brands found a conscience or a marketing ploy? Both.
3. Imagine having a brand so strong that you could insist that people only communicate with you by mail. 😳
Have a question, story suggestion or category you want to see covered? Just leave a comment below. 🙏