Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and I talk to Mollye Rhea, President of For Momentum, an Atlanta-based cause-related marketing agency.
With Mollye, we tackle one of the toughest issues for nonprofits: how to identify, sell and close new corporate partnerships. It's not easy! Fortunately, we have one of the best partnership experts in the business on today's show.
Since Mollye founded For Momentum in 2003, she's helped over 60 clients with projects ranging from setting strategy to valuing campaign ROI. She and her team have built more than 75 partnerships, raising tens of millions for non-profit clients and directing millions in support to corporate clients.
On today's show we discuss:
- How Mollye's cause marketing career began with a for-profit position in sales.
- What most people call sales, nonprofits are more comfortable calling "Collaboration Building."
- Why recruiting should begin with a "warm relationship" (aka existing business partner).
- Why your starting point with businesses is not your mission, but your "marketing match" - where your assets align with a businesses' needs.
- Which is the right department to reach out to within a business? What's the best type of communication (voice calls, email, etc.)?
- How not to blow the first meeting with a company by using the 70/30 rule.
- What questions you should ask during that first meeting and how to make the prospect the star.
- How to close the deal!