Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and I talk to Donnica Hawes Saunders, Manager of Alcohol Policy & Government Affairs, Heineken USA about its Drink OR Drive campaign to change consumer behavior and promote responsible decision-making over the holidays.
Through January 3rd, Heineken is using the Evite digital invitation platform to encourage consumers to decide early on - at the point of RSVP - whether they will be drinking or driving at holiday events and celebrations. As part of the campaign, Evite users in 11 cities will also receive discounted Uber rides from Heineken.
On the show, Megan, Donnica and I discuss:
- You’ve partnered with Evite and to create a campaign called Drink OR Drive, can you tell us about a this effort?
- How did this campaign come to life? Who approached whom to collaborate?
- We’ve heard for years not to drink AND drive. Why is your campaign called Drink OR Drive?
- You’ve done studies on why drivers drink and drive. What have you learned?
- Talk about how this effort fits into Heineken’s overall Brewing a Better World platform
- Do you partner with nonprofit organizations to execute and any of your responsible drinking initiatives? Why or why not?
- You’ve already been running this campaign for almost a month: what have you learned so far?
- What’s been consumer response to this campaign?