Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and I talk to Steve Spangler - America's Science Teacher - about Fueling Education, a CITGO program in partnership with National School Supply, We Are Teachers and Steve Spangler that offers educators a chance to win up to $5,000 in school supplies as well as STEM-teaching workshops.
On the show, Megan, Steve and I discuss:
- How Steve got involved with CITGO's Fueling Education program. The focus is on professional development of teachers to make science fun (again!) for them and their students.
- How most STEM education programs focus on students when teachers deserve as much or more attention!
- The importance of STEM to CITGO - a company dependent on scientists and engineers.
- How Fueling Education gives teachers what they want and need: time to learn, develop and recharge their love for teaching.
- How other businesses (e.g. Pizza Hut, H&R Block) launch and use educational training in the classroom and how it could be enhanced with professional development for teachers.
- How the Fueling Education program builds a connection between teachers and CITGO scientists - and Steve is the "science communicator" between the two.
- The business benefit of Fueling Education to CITGO. Is CITGO really grooming tomorrow's scientists and engineers?