Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and I talk to Shawn Askinosie, Founder & CEO of Askinosie Chocolate and author of the new book, Meaningful Work: A Quest to Do Great Business, Find Your Calling, and Feed Your Soul.
On the show, Megan Shawn and I discuss:
- Tell us about your switch from a criminal defense lawyer to chocolate maker.
- You make chocolate from the bean to the bar! Explain this process that is so unique to the chocolate industry.
- Tell us about A Product Of Change and how that works to bring additional products to the market.
- You’re committed to financial transparency with your employees and suppliers and use a concept called A Stake in the Outcome. What prompted you to pursue radical transparency?
- Why did you feel the need to write a book?
- You talk a lot in the book about finding your vocation, which some people may call “purpose.” What are the suggestions you give there?
- Another concept in your book is ‘reverse scale’ - tell us what that is and why it’s important to your personal approach to your business.