Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and I talk to Sharon Yon-Johansson, Community Affairs Manager for Stripes | Sunoco Convenience Stores, about an in-store cause marketing program that raised a $1.2 million for Houston-based MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Megan, Sharon and I discuss:
- How Stripes got involved with MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- How Stripes engaged its customers and employees in the campaign, and why choosing an a high-emotion cause was critical.
- Why Stripes stuck with a single-amount ask at the register and how this campaign was cashier-activated program. [Wow! No pinpad!]
- Joe asks: "What is a slush monkey?!"
- Details on the local 4-year old child that was the face of the Stripes campaign.
- The key role communications play in educating employees and customers about the fundraiser.
- How a match for the campaign turned the dollars raised into $2.4 million!
- How Stripes encouraged customers to actually strike out cancer on signs on the side of their stores.