For people who still think Boston Medical Center is the old Boston City Hospital, a martini would seem like an odd drink with which to toast us. But for those who know that BMC is an outstanding academic medical institution that provides "Exceptional care. Without exception." (our tag line) and is a model for urban health care in America, a martini is perfect.
No one knows this better than the folks at iParty. The owners, Sal and Dorice Perisano, have been longtime supporters of the pediatrics department at BMC. Among other things, they started Halloween Town last year to throw a party for the underserved children of Boston and create a new fundraiser for the Kids Fund at BMC. On both fronts, they succeeded admirably.
Now they've teamed up with the Glynn Group and its seven bars to toast BMC on its tenth anniversary. For every iPartini sold two bucks goes to BMC.
Still not convinced that a super-cool martini is the right drink with which to toast the "people's hospital"? Consider the similarities:
- A martini is a mixture of several fine ingredients. So is BMC. Boston Magazine recently named 86 BMC physicians "Top Doctors". We have a new $51 million cancer center opening this fall that will streamline and enhance cancer care at BMC. And Procter & Gamble recently awarded BMC its first grant to a Massachusetts hospital, $500k for the Pediatric Dental Clinic.
- Everyone loves a good martini. Just like BMC provides exceptional care to everyone, regardless of race, religion, gender or ability to pay.
- Martinis taste great. "Great" is just the right word to describe BMC. Whenever people tour the hospital, they're always impressed by the incredible work we do in so many different areas from cancer care to nutrition. They leave feeling great about what we've accomplished and how BMC is making a real difference in the communities we serve.
- Martinis aren't cheap. Neither is providing outstanding medical care to an underserved population. That's why we raise our glasses to salute great partners like iParty that try to help us in every way they can!
- Martinis are shaken, not stirred. Ummm...so are the iPartinis that will benefit BMC. So go order one now!