Here’s one last look back at 2011. Here are the top ten posts at Selfishgiving.com as ranked by PostRank.
- How Nonprofits Can Stop a Zombie Apocalypse
- Nonprofit Uses QR Code, Quora to Make Cause Marketing More Transparent
- 6 Cause Marketing Promotions You Can Learn From
- 5 Cause Marketing Mistakes You Don't Have to Make
- What Facebook’s Changes Mean for Cause Marketing
- For Direct Relief, Cause Marketing, Disasters are a Game
- The Role of Emotion in Cause Marketing
- 6 Thanksgiving Cause Marketing Promotions I’m Thankful for
- Why Steve Jobs and I Hate Charity
- 8 'Pinktober' Promotions that Deserve a Ribbon
Other must reads on cause marketing
Anything Paul Jones writes over at Causerelatedmarketing.biz. I promise you’ll learn something from every post. I know I do.
In November, I wrote a post on cause marketing resources that every business and nonprofit check out.
The post that caused the biggest stir in the cause marketing community was this researcher's article: Can Supporting a Cause Decrease Donations and Happiness?: The Cause Marketing Paradox. I, of course, responded with my own post: Cause Marketing, Selfishness, Drive Consumer Giving.
Finally, the good folks at Cone published a study on the global opportunity of cause marketing that was really interesting (how do you say "pinup" in Hindi?). You can download it for free here.